dcsimg
When using beans for managing transactions (BMT) as opposed to EJB managed transactions (CMT), how to register with the resource manager?
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Saikrishna_Gangeddula
Posted On:   Wednesday, September 5, 2001 08:02 AM

Scenario: App server: JRun 3.1 (JDBC 2.0 and higher, JTA 1.0.1) Web Server: Apache 1.3.12 Db Server: Oracle 8.1.7 Problem Description: I am using simple beans with db connections open in all the beans. The connection pool is managed by JRun. I have opened the connection with implicit commit set to off(because I want to commit only if the transaction is successful). I am using these beans in a servlet, where I have instantiated the User Transaction object and begin the transaction, do some DML and when I try to commit or rollback, it is not affecting the database. Infact the database is still locking the records. I    More>>

Scenario:

App server: JRun 3.1 (JDBC 2.0 and higher, JTA 1.0.1)

Web Server: Apache 1.3.12

Db Server: Oracle 8.1.7

Problem Description:

I am using simple beans with db connections open in all the beans. The connection pool is managed by JRun. I have opened the connection with implicit commit set to off(because I want to commit only if the transaction is successful).
I am using these beans in a servlet, where I have instantiated the User Transaction object and begin the transaction, do some DML and when I try to commit or rollback, it is not affecting the database. Infact the database is still locking the records.

I thought defining/controling/managing the resource manager is a function of the App server (java server). If not, how and where should I define the resource manager and how to register my connection.

<<Less

Re: When using beans for managing transactions (BMT) as opposed to EJB managed transactions (CMT), how to register with the resource manager?

Posted By:   Bozidar_Dangubic  
Posted On:   Thursday, September 6, 2001 11:40 AM

app server should do it for you. so you do not have to set autocommit to off. let the app server handle everything associated with a transaction. once you start messing with its work, there is no telling how the app server will respond to that. app server is responsible for transactions so let it do all the work on your behalf.
About | Sitemap | Contact