NewbieQ: installing VAJ2.1EE, can't find project JSP Page Compile Generated Code?
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Wednesday, August 29, 2001 09:44 AM

I've installed (and installed and installed) VAJ 2.1 onto my Win2k machine, including a few service packs, and have managed to get the properties files etc. right enough to fire up the Websphere Test Environment. The problem comes when I actually try to hit a generated JSP; for some reason, VAJ will create the "_pagecompile" directory to store the generated code, but the "JSP Page Compile Generated Code" project is never created in my workspace - nor can I add it to SERunner's properties. Here's the install I did (and again, I'm new at this, so if I might miss something critical): - installed VAJ 2.0 EE (single-user - no shared repository) - Installed VAJ Rollup 1 (fixes from IBM) - installed Servlet Builder upda   More>>

I've installed (and installed and installed) VAJ 2.1 onto my Win2k machine, including a few service packs, and have managed to get the properties files etc. right enough to fire up the Websphere Test Environment. The problem comes when I actually try to hit a generated JSP; for some reason, VAJ will create the "_pagecompile" directory to store the generated code, but the "JSP Page Compile Generated Code" project is never created in my workspace - nor can I add it to SERunner's properties.

Here's the install I did (and again, I'm new at this, so if I might miss something critical):

- installed VAJ 2.0 EE (single-user - no shared repository)

- Installed VAJ Rollup 1 (fixes from IBM)

- installed Servlet Builder update ("vsjb203w")

- installed VAJ2.1 ("vaj2.1ga")

- File/Add Feature: "IBM Websphere est Environment V1.0", "IBM JSP Execution Monitor 1.0", and "IBM EJB Development Environment" - all added OK

- imported several JAR files and projects from directories

- adjusted workspace classpath and properties for SERunner.

I had no problems with any of the installations.

As I understand it, once I fire up Websphere and generate the first JSP, VAJ will create the new project ("JSP Page Compile..."), and I can then go into SERunner's properties, Edit the Project Path, and it'll appear as an option to check. however, it's not showing up anywhere.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

-Chris

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact