RMI and other socket
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   cloon_dude
Posted On:   Friday, August 24, 2001 06:16 AM

Hi, Here's my problem. I am running a Java server That accecpt both RMI and socket connection. If I run the program in a dos session everything work fine(I can access the server by it's two entry point). BUT the program is actually started by an NT-Services and I'm unable to connect via socket after that : I'm getting an access denied (java.net.SocketPermission myIP:1415 accept,resolve) exception. I've even put this in my "permit" file that is located in my .jar grant { permission java.net.SocketPermission "*:1024-65535", "accept, connect, listen, resolve"; }; ( I even try the allpermission settings....) the java app is started like this   More>>

Hi,
Here's my problem. I am running a Java server That accecpt both RMI and socket connection. If I run the program in a dos session everything work fine(I can access the server by it's two entry point). BUT the program is actually started by an NT-Services and I'm unable to connect via socket after that : I'm getting an
access denied
(java.net.SocketPermission myIP:1415 accept,resolve) exception.

I've even put this in my "permit" file that is located in my .jar
grant {
permission java.net.SocketPermission "*:1024-65535", "accept, connect, listen, resolve";
};

( I even try the allpermission settings....)

the java app is started like this java -cp.. -Djava.security.policy=permit myMainClass

What I'm doing wrong? It is clearly a security issue I've also try starting the services as my account but it has done no good.

Thanks

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact