Access Beans with EJB to EJB interactions.
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Dave_Watkins
Posted On:   Monday, August 20, 2001 06:27 AM

I was wondering if anyone has any thoughts on whether or not to use access beans within EJB's to talk to other EJB's. Say, for instance I have an entity beans: Student and Course, and a session bean called CourseManagement. The CourseManagement bean has an exposed method addStudentToCourse . Should the implementation of that method use 'pure' EJB calls (JNDI lookup, narrowing etc) to manipulate the Entity beans? Or is it okay to use their access beans? I know the access bean works, I've tried it, I was just curious to see if anyone has any strong opinions about the validity of the approach. Checking the documentation and redbooks hasn't given me a conclusive answer one way or the other.    More>>

I was wondering if anyone has any thoughts on whether or not to use access beans within EJB's to talk to other EJB's.

Say, for instance I have an entity beans: Student and Course, and a session bean called CourseManagement. The CourseManagement bean has an exposed method addStudentToCourse . Should the implementation of that method use 'pure' EJB calls (JNDI lookup, narrowing etc) to manipulate the Entity beans? Or is it okay to use their access beans?

I know the access bean works, I've tried it, I was just curious to see if anyone has any strong opinions about the validity of the approach. Checking the documentation and redbooks hasn't given me a conclusive answer one way or the other.

Many thanks,

Dave Watkins

<<Less

Re: Access Beans with EJB to EJB interactions.

Posted By:   Bozidar_Dangubic  
Posted On:   Tuesday, December 11, 2001 10:41 AM

use EJB Local interfaces for that.
About | Sitemap | Contact