Accessing current file information for iterative tasks
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   adam_fordyce
Posted On:   Thursday, August 16, 2001 04:44 AM

I arrived at this problem when using XMLC to compile HTML into Java classes. Now, in Ant, the pattern match "**/*.HTML" will certainly match all the HTML files I need. The problem is I need to specify the name of the resulting class as one of the XMLC arguments so it's put in the right package. I'm calling these classes some.package.pageNameXMLC.class for a file called pageName.HTML. Anyway, I was wondering if there was any property like ant.currentFile when you are using includes="**/*.HTML" so arguments can be dynamically modified with "${ant.currentFile}XMLC" or something. Thanks for any assistance, Adam    More>>

I arrived at this problem when using XMLC to compile HTML into Java classes.

Now, in Ant, the pattern
match "**/*.HTML" will certainly match all the HTML files I need. The problem is I need to specify the name of the resulting class as one of the XMLC arguments so it's put in the right package. I'm calling these classes some.package.pageNameXMLC.class for a file called pageName.HTML.

Anyway, I was wondering if there was any property like ant.currentFile when you are using includes="**/*.HTML" so arguments can be dynamically modified with "${ant.currentFile}XMLC" or something.

Thanks for any assistance,

Adam

<<Less

Re: Accessing current file information for iterative tasks

Posted By:   Erik_Hatcher  
Posted On:   Thursday, August 16, 2001 10:16 AM

How are you invoking XMLC? I'm assuming with the task. How do you want to use the HTML file name?

Have a look at the task and its capability - that might do what you need.

About | Sitemap | Contact