dcsimg
List box - scroll bar
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   shashidhar_reddy
Posted On:   Wednesday, August 8, 2001 04:57 AM

I have a list box in a dialog window.It can accommodate 5 items without a scroll bar.And when i add a sixth item the scroll bar appears automatically.This was the case when i was using jdk1.1.8. Now i have ported my application to jdk1.3.1.To my surprise i see that the scroll bar appears in the List box for the 5th item itself.This is because the distance between two items in the list box is more in case of jdk1.3.1. The point to note is that, if i close the dialog box and open it again, the distance between the items is getting reduced and the scroll bar is still appearing even though it is not needed to view the items in the list box. One more point is that, when i click on the scrollbar , the scroll bar disappears.    More>>

I have a list box in a dialog window.It can accommodate 5 items without a scroll bar.And when i add a sixth item the scroll bar appears automatically.This was the case when i was using jdk1.1.8.

Now i have ported my application to jdk1.3.1.To my surprise i see that the scroll bar appears in the List box for the 5th item itself.This is because the distance between two items in the list box is more in case of jdk1.3.1.

The point to note is that, if i close the dialog box and open it again, the distance between the items is getting reduced and the scroll bar is still appearing even though it is not needed to view the items in the list box.

One more point is that, when i click on the scrollbar , the scroll bar disappears.

Can anyone explain the reason for this behaviour and give an appropriate solution for this problem which is specific to jdk1.3.1

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact