dcsimg
case insensative search
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   john_lucas
Posted On:   Monday, August 6, 2001 01:02 PM

Hi, i hope some one will help me out here. i have a piece of code which basically searches whatever the user wants to search for. I have a TextArea which displays the o/p and a text field where users inputs whatever he wants to search for within that text area. But right now i am able to search only for one particular word. If user inputs a new word in place of the previous word it doesn't find that word or even if it finds it start searching from the index of the last word searched. i want the find, to start searching for a word again from the start index. here is my code. private void doFind() { String temp4 = ""; temp4 = ivjTextField1.getText(); String s3 =    More>>

Hi,
i hope some one will help me out here.
i have a piece of code which basically searches whatever the user wants to search for. I have a TextArea which displays the o/p and a text field where users inputs whatever he wants to search for within that text area. But right now i am able to search only for one particular word. If user inputs a new word in place of the previous word it doesn't find that word or even if it finds it start searching from the index of the last word searched. i want the find, to start searching for a word again from the start index.
here is my code.
private void doFind()

{

String temp4 = "";

temp4 = ivjTextField1.getText();

String s3 = ivjTextArea1.getText();

int total = s3.length();

if(isfound ==false)

{

int ix = s3.indexOf(temp4);

if(ix >= 0)

{

lastindex = ix+temp4.length();

ivjTextArea1.select(ix, lastindex);

isfound = true;

}

}

else

{

int ix2 = s3.indexOf(temp4,lastindex+1);

if(ix2>=0)

{

lastindex = ix2+temp4.length();

ivjTextArea1.select(ix2, lastindex);
}

temp4 = null;

}

}

can any one help me out. Thanks in advance!

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact