JBuilder 3.0 Appln
2 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Wednesday, July 25, 2001 06:39 PM

I have used JBuilder Wizards->Deployment Wizard to create those .jar files. It runs fine within the JBuilder IDE. Now my question is am I able to execute the application using console? It seems not able to find the class files needed.

So I would like to know if I install JBuilder 3.0 in D:JBuilder3 What will be the classpath for all those Java libraries needed to run.

I use below command

D:JBuilder3myclasseshello>d:JBuilder3java injava -cp -classpath HelloFrame

Thanks in advance.

Re: JBuilder 3.0 Appln

Posted By:   Robert_Castaneda  
Posted On:   Wednesday, August 15, 2001 07:19 PM

Hi,

the parameter 'here' is the path to your jar file.

regards,

-Rob

Re: JBuilder 3.0 Appln

Posted By:   Dermot_Hennessy  
Posted On:   Thursday, July 26, 2001 02:04 AM

Look at your Project-Properties and Project-Default Properties menus in your JBuilder project. Select each library from the Java Libraries box in turn and add its classpath to your command classpath. In addition add the classpath to the jar file that you created under the Deployment Wizard. (This assumes that you have only allowed your own classes to be placed in here.)

The command should then work. As an aside, although I would say that it is bad practice, the deployment wizard allows you to put all of the necessary classes for your app into your jar file. In this case you can simply add the path to this jar file to allow the application to work (no need for the 'Java libraries' stuff above.)

Hope this helps

Dermot

About | Sitemap | Contact