JBuilder 4 server options
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Kevin_Sun
Posted On:   Wednesday, July 25, 2001 09:21 AM

I am using Jbuilding4 Professional version. What would I do to integrate tomcat3.3 (JB4 comes with tomcat3.1) or or higher version.

Thanks,

Kevin

Re: JBuilder 4 server options

Posted By:   Ivo_Limmen  
Posted On:   Tuesday, August 7, 2001 12:03 AM

As far as I know JBuilder 4 Professional also has the use of OpenTools so you can wait for an OpenTool plug-in for Tomcat 3.3. You can also copy the entire Tomcat directory over the existing Tomcat directory inside JBuilder but this will have a problem:

JBuilder still thinks Tomcat is version 3.1 ans will attempt to configure Tomcat using the SimpleMapper class but in version 3.2 and up the SimpleMapper class is called SimpleMapper1.class.

To work around this problem you can configure Tomcat youself by setting the server.xml as you want and renaming the file to include the serverport you will run it on (as configured inside JBuilder). If you configure JBuilder to run Tomcat on port 8080 you should rename the server.xml file to server8080.xml. Also copy the entire CONF directory of Tomcat to your project directory. Every project will need one. This also will prove handy later on when you have a lot of projects. When creating you JSP's and/or servlets deploy then in the WEBAPPS directory inside you project. Tomcat will automatically generate a WORK and a LOGS directory inside your project directory but these may be deleted.
About | Sitemap | Contact