dcsimg
Memory leaks
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Tuan_Truong
Posted On:   Friday, July 20, 2001 07:55 AM

Hi, I have CORBA application that activates servant objects and deactives them on the fly. Using JProbe I could tell that the serant objects are still around after they have been deactivated. In short, garbage collector never collect them, why is that? Below is the code excerpt: activating servant object - make ready org.omg.CORBA.ORB theOrb; com.inprise.vbroker.CORBA.BOA theBOA; theOrb = org.omg.CORBA.ORB.init(...); theBOA = ((com.inprise.vbroker.orb.ORB)theOrb).BOA_init(); OrderWfProcessImpl oOrderWfProcessImpl = new OrderWfProcessImpl(...); OrderWfProcess oOrderWfProcess = new _tie_OrderWfProcess(oOrderWfProcessImpl); theBOA.obj_is_ready   More>>

Hi,

I have CORBA application that activates servant objects and deactives them on the fly. Using JProbe I could tell that the serant objects are still around after they have been deactivated. In short, garbage collector never collect them, why is that? Below is the code excerpt:

activating servant object - make ready

org.omg.CORBA.ORB theOrb;

com.inprise.vbroker.CORBA.BOA theBOA;

theOrb = org.omg.CORBA.ORB.init(...);

theBOA = ((com.inprise.vbroker.orb.ORB)theOrb).BOA_init();

OrderWfProcessImpl oOrderWfProcessImpl = new OrderWfProcessImpl(...);

OrderWfProcess oOrderWfProcess = new _tie_OrderWfProcess(oOrderWfProcessImpl);

theBOA.obj_is_ready(oOrderWfProcess);

Deactivating servant object

theBOA.deactivate_obj(oOrderWfProcess);

JProbe shows there is one valid instance of OrderWfProcess, can some one tell me why? Thanks.

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact