Control ports used by RMI server ???
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Ganesh_Vaideeswaran
Posted On:   Thursday, July 5, 2001 09:16 AM

Hi, Is there a way to control the ports opened by an RMI server while accepting connections from a client. I see that I can control the port that an RMI server listens on while exporting the server object using UnicastRemoteObject.exportObject However, when the client connects to the server, I see different ports being used between the server and the client when the server accepts a connection from the client.. I am wondering if I can give a range of ports that the RMI server can use while accepting connections from a client. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Ganesh - ganesh@abeona.com    More>>

Hi,

Is there a way to control the ports opened by an RMI server while
accepting
connections from a client. I see that I can control the port that an RMI

server listens on while exporting the server object using

UnicastRemoteObject.exportObject

However, when the client connects to the server, I see different ports
being used between the server and the client when the server accepts a
connection from the client..

I am wondering if I can give a range of ports that the RMI server
can use while accepting connections from a client.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ganesh - ganesh@abeona.com

<<Less

Re: Control ports used by RMI server ???

Posted By:   srinath_mandalapu  
Posted On:   Saturday, July 7, 2001 04:44 PM

I don't think you can control the value of the port returned by the accept call on server side runtime. This port is determined by the OS at runtime depending upon the availbility of the port. Atleaset on the client side, you can bind the socket to a particular local port before making a connection to the remote server in normal socket programming. But in RMI, RMI reference layer manages connection management.
About | Sitemap | Contact