Running encrypted java class files.
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Ajit_Joshi
Posted On:   Saturday, June 16, 2001 07:33 AM

Is there any way we can encrypt java class file securly so that no third party can decompile that class file using decompilers?
Also I want that encrpted class files should run properly in JVM for windows platform. So the encrypted class files should be executable.
How do I achieve this? I've JCE1.2.1 of Java for encrpyting the class files. And obsevered that it's decompile proof. But it doesnt run while in encryted mode.

Re: Running encrypted java class files.

Posted By:   Finlay_McWalter  
Posted On:   Saturday, June 16, 2001 06:17 PM

Well, you can't really "encrypt" classfiles and still expect them to run (well, I suppose someone could write a ClassLoader that decrypts files as it loads them - but all an attacker would have to do is to decompile that classloader, and they could read your encrypted classfiles).

You can, however, mangle the classfiles in such a way that it's harder to decompile them. A number of tools (called "obfuscators") are available that can do this, including:

• Borland JBuilder
  • Jshrink
  • Codeshield
  • Retroguard
  • Jproof

But beware that these tools just make it harder to decompile, not impossible - no binary code format (for whatever language) is ever particularly hard to reverse engineer.

About | Sitemap | Contact