how to get this without plugin in IE....
2 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Padma_Priya
Posted On:   Tuesday, June 12, 2001 09:01 PM

hi, Actually im in chat program. im using a textfield to enter username. this username is stored in the vector in the server. if one user gives the same name of other user it will show "name already in use...try another". i gave one disconnect button to leave the chat room and remove the user name from the vector.im running this in IE. when a user clicks the back button in IE without clicking that disconnect button and again comes with the chat room with the same name it is showing name already in use try another. what i want is when a user clicks the back button he should get disconnected from the chat room...his name should be removed. Can somebody plz help me how to disconnect it when a user clicks the back button. Tha   More>>

hi,
Actually im in chat program. im using a textfield to enter username. this username is stored in the vector in the server. if one user gives the same name of other user it will show "name already in use...try another". i gave one disconnect button to leave the chat room and remove the user name from the vector.im running this in IE. when a user clicks the back button in IE without clicking that disconnect button and again comes with the chat room with the same name it is showing name already in use try another. what i want is when a user clicks the back button he should get disconnected from the chat room...his name should be removed.

Can somebody plz help me how to disconnect it when a user clicks the back button.

Thanks,
Padma.

<<Less

Re: how to get this without plugin in IE....

Posted By:   Finlay_McWalter  
Posted On:   Tuesday, June 12, 2001 09:46 PM

In the stop() method of your subclass of java.applet.Applet you should call your disconnect code.

Re: how to get this without plugin in IE....

Posted By:   Kesavan_Srinivasan  
Posted On:   Tuesday, June 12, 2001 09:38 PM

Hi,

Why cant u just try disabling the back button?? If u dont want to do this write javascript to do ur function. Hope this will solve ur problem. If u hv further probs write me at kesavansrini@yahoo.co.in

Kesavan.

About | Sitemap | Contact