dcsimg
Base 64 Encoding/Decoding for Mail User
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Monday, June 4, 2001 03:07 PM

Hi All .. Does anybody have/use or know where I could get a base 64 encoding and decoding module … I am basically reading bytes which correspond to an image transmitted over the n/w from a server .. I get a socket connection to the server and read the bytes , now I need to decode it using some base 64 decoding module … So that I get back the image and display it … The server sends the image in base 64 encoding … I think most Mail Transport Agents or Mail User Agents use this or at least support it … But, I am not able to get my hands onto any specific algorithm or implementation used by some of the popular MTA' s… or MUA's … Any help would be greatly appreciated … Thanks &   More>>

Hi All ..

Does anybody have/use or know where I could get a base 64 encoding and decoding module …
I am basically reading bytes which correspond to an image transmitted over the n/w from a server ..
I get a socket connection to the server and read the bytes , now I need to decode it using some base 64 decoding module …
So that I get back the image and display it …

The server sends the image in base 64 encoding … I think most Mail Transport Agents or Mail User Agents use this or at least support it …
But, I am not able to get my hands onto any specific algorithm or implementation used by some of the popular MTA' s… or MUA's …

Any help would be greatly appreciated …

Thanks & Regards
Ravindra

<<Less

Re: Base 64 Encoding/Decoding for Mail User

Posted By:   Loc_Le  
Posted On:   Monday, June 4, 2001 07:44 PM

Sun JDK 1.2 and later alreally had BASE 64 encoding and decoding classes.
You can view example at:
http://home.att.net/~baldwin.rick/Advanced/Java705.htm
About | Sitemap | Contact