dcsimg
A servlet chaining problem
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Aseel_Ali
Posted On:   Wednesday, May 23, 2001 08:07 AM

I developed two servlets and chained them using a servlet alias in Java Web Server. The first servlet in the chain transforms an XML content to HTML using LotusXSL processor. The second servlet in the chain applies additinal formatting to the response. This setting works fine when the XML content is obtained from an XML file, but when trying to generate the XML content by the servlet itself and then pass it directly for transformation (without writing to a file), it seems that not the whole response from the first servlet is passed to the second; some final part is missing. The output of the transformation is complete as revealed when removing the second servlet from the chain. In addition, the problem doesn't appear when the transformation is applied to a small nu   More>>

I developed two servlets and chained them using a servlet alias in Java Web Server. The first servlet in the chain transforms an XML content to HTML using LotusXSL processor. The second servlet in the chain applies additinal formatting to the response. This setting works fine when the XML content is obtained from an XML file, but when trying to generate the XML content by the servlet itself and then pass it directly for transformation (without writing to a file), it seems that not the whole response from the first servlet is passed to the second; some final part is missing. The output of the transformation is complete as revealed when removing the second servlet from the chain. In addition, the problem doesn't appear when the transformation is applied to a small number of XML records ( <5) generated by the servlet.

I do need to use servlet chaining..
Can anybody tell me what might be the possible causes and how can I resolve them?

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact