problem while running J2EE example EJB from sun
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   shahid_mohd
Posted On:   Thursday, May 17, 2001 02:36 PM

hi i am a beginner to EJB and i was trying to run the example program provided by sun at http://developer.java.sun.com/developer/technicalArticles/J2EE/appclient/index.html?frontpage-jdc the article presented the deployment procedure in a step by step manner and i could proceed and get it to work till the deploy step. after this step we are supposed to run the cloudscape database script and the sql script, but when i tried to run these scripts through cloudUtil.bat file. upon executing this batch file, i am getting a "COM.cloudscape.tools.ij class not found exception". the batch file is supposedly trying to find the required cloudscape-related tools.jar in a directory under J2EE_HOME which in my case is E:j2sdkee1.3libcloudscape   More>>

hi

i am a beginner to EJB and i was trying to run the example program provided by sun at http://developer.java.sun.com/developer/technicalArticles/J2EE/appclient/index.html?frontpage-jdc

the article presented the deployment procedure in a step by step manner and i could proceed and get it to work till the deploy step. after this step we are supposed to run the cloudscape database script and the sql script, but when i tried to run these scripts through cloudUtil.bat file. upon executing this batch file, i am getting a "COM.cloudscape.tools.ij class not found exception". the batch file is supposedly trying to find the required cloudscape-related tools.jar in a directory under J2EE_HOME which in my case is E:j2sdkee1.3libcloudscape. but i found that there is no tools.jar in this directory and after having examined the other jar files i found that the required class file is in a jar file thats actaully in another directory called E:j2sdkee1.3libsystem.

Did anyone of you face this problem while trying out this example ? please help.

thank you
shahid

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact