dcsimg
Can JMS communicate via internet? How come SonicMQ can do so?
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Adzimi_Muzni
Posted On:   Monday, May 14, 2001 11:20 PM

Hi all.. I was going through the FAQs in java.sun.com and i notice that one of the FAQ was about JMS's ability to communicate over the internet(see http://java.sun.com/products/jms/faq.html#whynotb2b). From what i understand here, JMS is meant only for inter-enterprise messaging..but not between business to business(e.g. supplier communicating to an ecommerce website for example). Can somebody please confirm with me whether this is true? If the statement above is true, can Java Message Queue actually be used for messaging over the internet if there is another JMQ waiting on the other side? I notice this is possible using SonicMQ..i hope someone can tell me whether JMQ can do the same as well. Thanks in advance.. Adzimi    More>>

Hi all..

I was going through the FAQs in java.sun.com and i notice that one of the FAQ was about JMS's ability to communicate over the internet(see http://java.sun.com/products/jms/faq.html#whynotb2b). From what i understand here, JMS is meant only for inter-enterprise messaging..but not between business to business(e.g. supplier communicating to an ecommerce website for example). Can somebody please confirm with me whether this is true?

If the statement above is true, can Java Message Queue actually be used for messaging over the internet if there is another JMQ waiting on the other side? I notice this is possible using SonicMQ..i hope someone can tell me whether JMQ can do the same as well. Thanks in advance..

Adzimi

<<Less

Re: Can JMS communicate via internet? How come SonicMQ can do so?

Posted By:   Nicholas_Whitehead  
Posted On:   Saturday, June 23, 2001 09:25 AM

An implementation's ability to communicate over the Internet [efficiently] is a function of the underlying protocol. Raw TCP or IIOP does not tend to do as well, but some vendors have implemented client protocols using HTTP or SOAP which are superior for use on the Web.

About | Sitemap | Contact