Help me interfacing Java with C API
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Wednesday, May 9, 2001 06:28 AM

I have to interface my client with C application.....by using the C API call.advice me regarding it

Re: Help me interfacing Java with C API

Posted By:   Alexander_Krapf  
Posted On:   Thursday, May 10, 2001 07:19 AM

Hi Mohammed,

well, you already know that JNI is the technology to use. You should start by downloading the JNI specification, FAQ and tutorial (see links in this forum) and by reading Rob Gordon's or Sheng Liang's books on the subject.

Then you'll have to determine whether you want to tackle your problem using straight JNI or whether you want to use a commercial tool (like our JunC++ion tool) to help you. It depends on

• your problem size
  • your schedule
  • your price sensitivity
  • your concern for maintenance and support

Technically, you will need to be careful about thread-safety and re-entrancy problems. Many old DLLs were not written with multithreaded, concurrent access in mind and there might be globals that are being clobbered by concurrent threads.

Other than these general guidelines, there is very little I can say without knowing details about your problem.

As a disclaimer I want to add that I am a principal at Codemesh and therefore think very highly of out JunC++ion tool. You can get more information about JunC++ion at http://www.codemesh.com.

Good luck,

Alex

About | Sitemap | Contact