VisualAge 3.5.3 <strong>EJB PROBLEMS</strong> ...
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Shahram_Khorsand
Posted On:   Monday, May 7, 2001 11:46 PM

I have just upgraded my VAJ 3.5.2 to 3.5.3. I read the manual, added the features for EJB development and have these problems. First of all the EJB Test Environment does not start. It gives a NoSuchMethodError that the debugger caches. Furthermode, I cannot compile, run nor generate deployment code for my EJBs. The log window prints: Exception was thrown during code generation: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError When I try to run a simple program that uses an EJB or tries to use a datasource from WAS 3.5.2 the same thing happens. Anyone out there having the same problems? Cheers, Shahram    More>>

I have just upgraded my VAJ 3.5.2 to 3.5.3.

I read the manual, added the features for EJB development and have these problems.

First of all the EJB Test Environment does not start. It gives a NoSuchMethodError that the debugger caches.

Furthermode, I cannot compile, run nor generate deployment code for my EJBs.

The log window prints: Exception was thrown during code generation: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError

When I try to run a simple program that uses an EJB or tries to use a datasource from WAS 3.5.2 the same thing happens.

Anyone out there having the same problems?

Cheers,

Shahram

<<Less

Re: VisualAge 3.5.3 <strong>EJB PROBLEMS</strong> ...

Posted By:   Anonymous  
Posted On:   Wednesday, May 30, 2001 05:49 AM

I have been getting some spurious NoSuchMethodErrors as well in VAJ 3.5.3.

What I have found is that the repository has not properly parsed some of the standard classes.

In my case I was getting a NoSuchMethodError calling getTargetException() on java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException. I loacted that class in the repository and found that it appeared to have no members. However, the entire source for the class was present and correct. I chose the Replace with/Another edition option and selected the edition that was currently open. This forced the repository to re-parse the class and it found all the members.

Hope this helps,

Brian.

About | Sitemap | Contact