Debugging servlets in VAJ 3.5 with Tomcat
2 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Andy_Deighton
Posted On:   Tuesday, May 1, 2001 12:02 AM

Several people have asked this question. Running the Apache Tomcat Test Environment within VAJ 3.5 Ent, debugging servlets only seems to work for those servlet supplied in the examples context. Any servlets that I develop and deploy (I export the classes to an appropriate webapps directory) seem to be ignored by the debugger when I insert breakpoints etc. in VAJ.
Is there some additional step that must be performed (like doing something in the Project Resources tab, maybe?) that is missing from the documentation?
Thanks in anticipation.

Re: Debugging servlets in VAJ 3.5 with Tomcat

Posted By:   Yuriy_Chumak  
Posted On:   Monday, February 18, 2002 04:44 AM

Hello.

Let me to descibe the path of deployeng of servlets.

You can make an package, for example, "coreservlets" in the "Default package of Tomcat". Make servlet class, for example "CodePage".

Start Tomcat within VAJ.

Take the path "http://localhost:8080/servlet/coreservlets.CodePage" in the browser.

Re: Debugging servlets in VAJ 3.5 with Tomcat

Posted By:   ben_montello  
Posted On:   Tuesday, May 1, 2001 09:46 AM

I am assuming you are meaning the WebSphere Test Enviroment, right? (same thing)

If so, You probably need to modify your default_app.webapp file which lists which servlets you would like have deployed in your Test enviroment. This file is located in the servlets directory of your application (default_appservlets if you are using the default)

Add a XML block similar to one of the other serlvets. Autostart does not have to be true.

Also, you do not need to export any classes to any directories...As long as your classes are in your VAJ workspace you should beable to debug them..

Now when you start your servlet engine
you will see your servlet deployed in the console...you should beable to test it now with http://localhost:8080/servlet/...as expected..

hope this helps...
About | Sitemap | Contact