dcsimg
<strong>Corrupt Workspace!!!</strong> VAJ 3.02 Enterprise on Win2K
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Ben_Bailey
Posted On:   Sunday, April 29, 2001 05:42 PM

I searched the FAQ for Workspace Corrupted, but it didn't applly. While building a new servlet, an alert windown came up, saying that the workspace had become corrupted, that it was going to shutdown, and would restart, rebuilding the workspace. It's been OTL (out to lunch) ever since, and my project is due! Now, when I launch VAJ, it gives me the splash page (announcing Java 3.02), which goes away, and then nothing. I mean, nothing, nada, zip - no errors are displayed, no VAJ windows come up, nothing. I've tried replacing the ide.icx and ide.ini files with a copy that I had made several hours earlier, still nothing on startup. I'm on a local repository. I've    More>>

I searched the FAQ for Workspace Corrupted, but it didn't applly.

While building a new servlet, an alert windown came up, saying that the workspace had become corrupted, that it was going to shutdown, and would restart, rebuilding the workspace.

It's been OTL (out to lunch) ever since, and my project is due!

Now, when I launch VAJ, it gives me the splash page (announcing Java 3.02), which goes away, and then nothing. I mean, nothing, nada, zip - no errors are displayed, no VAJ windows come up, nothing.

I've tried replacing the ide.icx and ide.ini files with a copy that I had made several hours earlier, still nothing on startup.

I'm on a local repository. I've also looked for an error log file, but haven't been able to locate one.

Help!

Ben

<<Less

Re: <strong>Corrupt Workspace!!!</strong> VAJ 3.02 Enterprise on Win2K

Posted By:   Ben_Bailey  
Posted On:   Tuesday, May 1, 2001 06:38 AM

I was able to find a an old reference on the ibm vaj forum that mentioned removing the busy.sav file - a zero (0) byte file size.

I did remove this file, and the problem disappeared.

Apparently, this file is used as a flag file to indicate that some processing is taking place (cleaning up the corrupted workspace?), and that, until the process is complete, further use of VAJ should be pending. (This is conjecture on my part). Once this file is removed, normal application processing continues.

I would like to suggest that mention of this solution should be added to the FAQ.

Ben

About | Sitemap | Contact