application client for j2EE
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Alexandre_Hulot
Posted On:   Saturday, April 28, 2001 09:59 PM

Hello, I am confused with application client for J2EE. It looks like you have two type of application client: stand-alone and J2EE client. What are the differences as far as coding, packaging and deploying? Do you have to package both types? (i.e provide a deployment decriptor). Sometimes when you deploy and client you have the option to provide an other jar file. Is it just for J2EE application client that you would need to provide it? Is this jar file what is also called the "Application client Container" I have seen examples with: context.lookup("CreditManagerHome") and context.lookup("java:comp/env/ejb/CreditManagerHome")   More>>

Hello,

I am confused with application client for J2EE.

It looks like you have two type of application client:
stand-alone and J2EE client. What are the differences as far as coding, packaging and deploying?

Do you have to package both types? (i.e provide a deployment decriptor).

Sometimes when you deploy and client you have the option to provide an other jar file. Is it just for J2EE application client that you would need to provide it? Is this jar file what is also called the "Application client Container"

I have seen examples with:

context.lookup("CreditManagerHome")

and

context.lookup("java:comp/env/ejb/CreditManagerHome")

The first is said to be stand-alone. It looks to me that it will still need to know where the J2EE server is located, and my guess is that the info is located in the deployment descriptor??

Thanks,

Alexandre

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact