dcsimg
Installation of Java 2 SDK in the form of RPM packages.Please !_NEWLINE_!help!very urgent.
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   S_Shreya
Posted On:   Friday, April 27, 2001 07:45 AM

Forum Home > Installation Topic: Installation of Java 2 SDK in the form of RPM packages (1 message) I have downloaded Java2SDK as RPM packages. Following the installation instructions, as a first step concatenated all the separate downloaded pieces together. As mentioned in the 2nd step, checked the file size and found it is correct. The 3rd step is:Run j2sdk-1_3_0_02-linux.bin and agree to the license it displays. Lanuch the executable file, j2sdk-1_3_0_02-linux-rpm.bin, using the following command fro the directory in which it is located: ./j2sdk-1_3_0_02-linux-rpm.bin. Bu   More>>

Forum Home > Installation

Topic: Installation of Java 2 SDK in the form of RPM packages
(1 message)

I have downloaded Java2SDK as RPM packages. Following the installation
instructions, as a first step concatenated all the separate downloaded pieces
together. As mentioned in the 2nd step, checked the file size and found it is correct.
The 3rd step is:Run j2sdk-1_3_0_02-linux.bin and agree to the license it displays.
Lanuch the executable file, j2sdk-1_3_0_02-linux-rpm.bin, using the following
command fro the directory in which it is located:

./j2sdk-1_3_0_02-linux-rpm.bin.

But, the problem is how to run j2sdk-1_3_0_02-linux.bin! without running it I have
tried to execute the later one, but permission is denied, both as user and root.

I have another doudt, whether to install as root or user. If as root, where to
install(like which directory?) and as user where to install?

I am in very very urgent need for the answer. Please help.

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact