dcsimg
ORA-08177 error
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Ganapathi_Balike
Posted On:   Thursday, April 26, 2001 06:05 AM

I am getting ORA-08177 in my application. Here is the situation - Application displays a screen with Qs and corresponding possible answers from database. User answers the Qs and submits the page. At this time, JSP page calls a Java bean and asks to validate the answers. Java Bean in-turn calls a Stateless session EJB (SLEJB) to validate the answers. SLEJB gets the scores for the user answers by executing "Finder" method on the Answer CMP Entity EJB. Then SLEJB counts the scores and returns the result to front end. If one user executes the above screen, no problems. But if 5 users execute the above Application screen at one shot, we get the following error - =============== Exception in non-transactional EJB invoke   More>>

I am getting ORA-08177 in my application. Here is the situation -

Application displays a screen with Qs and corresponding possible answers from database. User answers the Qs and submits the page. At this time, JSP page calls a Java bean and asks to validate the answers. Java Bean in-turn calls a Stateless session EJB (SLEJB) to validate the answers. SLEJB gets the scores for the user answers by executing "Finder" method on the Answer CMP Entity EJB. Then SLEJB counts the scores and returns the result to front end.

If one user executes the above screen, no problems. But if 5 users execute the above Application screen at one shot, we get the following error -
===============
Exception in non-transactional EJB invoke:java.rmi.UnexpectedException: Unexpected exception in com.fairfax.aod.policy.ejb.CMPEJB_AnswersMasterEJB.getMp007_answer_id():java.sql.SQLException: ORA-08177: can't serialize access for this transaction
================
Trasaction attributes for SLEJB and CMP Entity EJB :
SLEJB : * - NOTSUPPORTED
CMPEJB : CREATE and SET Methods - REQUIRED, * - NOTSUPPORTED
Please help us on this.
Thanks,
-Gana.

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact