dcsimg
How can you use external version control during eJB development?
2 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   nancy_coelho
Posted On:   Friday, April 20, 2001 05:56 PM

I understand VAJ3.5 IDE generates metadata which is not really java code while generating ejbs. This metadata is lost if you are exporting the source code to external version control system.Does this mean we should not use external version control for EJB development. Anybody out there used external version control while developing EJB?

Thanks,
NRC

Re: How can you use external version control during eJB development?

Posted By:   Mark_Glyshaw  
Posted On:   Thursday, May 3, 2001 08:58 AM

I expect a future relase of VAJ will make this easier. Sometimes in a virtual team using envy is pretty painful and traditional SCM tools are a better choice. If at all possible I prefer to use emsrv. The metadata (unlike the VCE metadata) cannot be exported to a class with a binary string [seems like it could!]. I've tried checking in all the source for the EJB group and then check in a .dat file for the EJB Reserved package for that EJB group that contains the metadata. This seems to work but I haven't actually used this process in development. There is some good information on EJB/Envy best practices on VADD

Re: How can you use external version control during eJB development?

Posted By:   Andy_Deighton  
Posted On:   Tuesday, May 1, 2001 01:30 AM

Although I cannot answer your question directly, IBM have added better team EJB development support in the latest update, 3.5.3.
About | Sitemap | Contact