multiple instances of tomcat on win2k with iis
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   time_out
Posted On:   Thursday, April 19, 2001 10:45 AM

i may have posted this already, but i can't find it here. so here we go again. i have read all the documentation on workers and isapi_redirect.dll and the minimal user guide and i still don't understand how to get tomcat to run multiple instances. here is what i have: tomcat 3.2.1 win2k sp1 iis 5.0(the one that comes with win2k) isapi_redirect.dll so far i have been able to set up webSiteA (it lives in d:inetpubwebSiteA.) so that iis serves everything except *.jsp. i did that by installing tomcat in d:inetpub omcat and making a context in server.xml that looks like this: docBase="d:inetpubwebSiteA"    More>>

i may have posted this already, but i can't find it here. so here we go again.

i have read all the documentation on workers and isapi_redirect.dll and the minimal user guide and i still don't understand how to get tomcat to run multiple instances.

here is what i have:

tomcat 3.2.1

win2k sp1

iis 5.0(the one that comes with win2k)

isapi_redirect.dll

so far i have been able to set up webSiteA (it lives in d:inetpubwebSiteA.) so that iis serves everything except *.jsp.

i did that by installing tomcat in d:inetpub omcat and making a context in server.xml that looks like this:

docBase="d:inetpubwebSiteA"

crossContext="false"

debug="0"

reloadable="true" >

and adding the following lines to the uriworkermap.properties:

/*.jsp=ajp12

/servlet/*=ajp12

eveything else is the default configuration.

so i have something that works and i am pretty sure that i don't know why it works....i can't seem to make all the connections needed to make tomcat tun multiple times, once for each web site that i have on the machine. that way if i need to reload classes for one of them, tomcat does not have to reload for all of them.....

thanks.

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact