JSP calling Beans doesn't work!
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   dave_wong
Posted On:   Thursday, April 19, 2001 12:54 AM

Hi there, I am a newbie in developing JSP and Java. Unfortunately, I've to do it in my company and stuck on the following problem: I tried to use a bean StaffInfo that is located in com/shkp/StaffInfo.class in my jsp file ( Error: 500 Location: /shkp/forms/eleave/elogon.jsp Internal Servlet Error: org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to load class com.shkp.StaffInfo at org.apache.jasper.compiler.BeanRepository.getBeanType(BeanRepository.java:183) at org.apache.jasper.compiler.GetPropertyGenerator.generate(GetPropertyGenerator.java:99) at org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspParseEventListener$GeneratorWrapper.generate(JspParseEventListener.java:773) at org.apache.jasp   More>>

Hi there,
I am a newbie in developing JSP and Java. Unfortunately, I've to do it in my company and stuck on the following problem:

I tried to use a bean StaffInfo that is located in com/shkp/StaffInfo.class in my jsp file (

Error: 500
Internal Servlet Error:

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to load class com.shkp.StaffInfo
at org.apache.jasper.compiler.BeanRepository.getBeanType(BeanRepository.java:183)
at org.apache.jasper.compiler.GetPropertyGenerator.generate(GetPropertyGenerator.java:99)
at org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspParseEventListener$GeneratorWrapper.generate(JspParseEventListener.java:773)
at org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspParseEventListener.generateAll(JspParseEventListener.java:220)
at org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspParseEventListener.endPageProcessing(JspParseEventListener.java:175)
at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:183)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.doLoadJSP(JspServlet.java:462)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JasperLoader12.loadJSP(JasperLoader12.java:146)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.loadJSP(JspServlet.java:433)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.loadIfNecessary(JspServlet.java:152)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspServlet.java:164)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:318)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:391)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doService(ServletWrapper.java:404)
at org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.service(Handler.java:286)
at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:372)
at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService(ContextManager.java:797)
at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:743)
at org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp13ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Ajp13ConnectionHandler.java:160)
at org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:416)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:498)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

<<Less

Re: JSP calling Beans doesn't work!

Posted By:   Mike_walters  
Posted On:   Thursday, April 19, 2001 01:20 AM

Is your bean in "WEB-INF/classes/com"? Because it should be.

at the top of your bean have you included

"package com;" ? Because you should have.

And please make sure that the spelling in the jsp calling the baen is exactly the same as the bean being called, and if your using a case sensitive environment make sure that the cases are ok.

I have had similar problems this is what It did it worked for me. If not 4 U your problem might be different.
About | Sitemap | Contact