dcsimg
java.security.Key and EJBs
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Krishnan_Subramanian
Posted On:   Tuesday, April 17, 2001 08:03 AM

This is not exactly an EJB question, though it be under the 'ejb security' umbrella. ;) I have this application I am designing and there is the server side (EJBs) generating a KeyPair (public and private keys) for the duration of the server process. The client side (possibility other EJBs components) needs the Public Key generated. If I use the KeyPair or the Public Key as a return argument in a RPC, I get an error on the client caller side: java.security.InvalidKeyException: invalid key format at sun.security.x509.X509Key.decode (X509Key.java:313) at sun.security.x509.X509Key.readObject (X509Key.java:352) Any idea of how I can pass t   More>>

This is not exactly an EJB question, though it be under the 'ejb security' umbrella. ;)

I have this application I am designing and there is the server side (EJBs) generating a KeyPair (public and private keys) for the duration of the server process. The client side (possibility other EJBs components) needs the Public Key generated.

If I use the KeyPair or the Public Key as a return argument in a RPC, I get an error on the client caller side:

java.security.InvalidKeyException:
invalid key format at
sun.security.x509.X509Key.decode
(X509Key.java:313) at
sun.security.x509.X509Key.readObject
(X509Key.java:352)

Any idea of how I can pass the public key? (As a byte[]? but that seems too primitive...)

The public key is needed to verify java.security.SignedObject types (used as authentication tokens for duration of the server process) on different tiers.

Regards,

Krishnan

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact