CORBA Performance Trending Error
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   advait_kothare
Posted On:   Thursday, April 12, 2001 06:45 AM

Hi ! I have an application involving C and Java with CORBA in between. I am using the C ORB implementation called ORBit by Redhat. All my methods have been declared as oneway!!!! While bench marking this application i was invoking the Java method in a loop for 10,000 times. But around the 9400 mark the Java side crashes with the following exception : Exception while handling uncaught exception Exception in thread "JavaIDL Reader for sun:64688" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError Stack trace failed with exception: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError java.lang.OutOfMemoryError java.lang.OutOfMemoryError java.lang.OutOfMemoryError    More>>

Hi !
I have an application involving C and Java with CORBA in between. I am using the C ORB implementation called ORBit by Redhat. All my methods have been declared as oneway!!!!
While bench marking this application i was invoking the Java method in a loop for 10,000 times. But around the 9400 mark the Java side crashes with the following exception :

Exception while handling uncaught exception

Exception in thread "JavaIDL Reader for sun:64688"

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
Stack trace failed with exception: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

--- No. of responses sent are : 9471

Getting the netstat info for the above mentioned socket :

sun.64688 sun.64682 32768 0 32768 0 FIN_WAIT_2

is this some limitation of Java ORB??

also this is not the case for non-oneway methods!!

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact