open source Java Framework
2 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Monday, April 9, 2001 10:53 AM

What's the best open source Java Framework for building eContent and eCommerce web application.

Turbine and Cameleon

Posted By:   Christoph_Mueller  
Posted On:   Friday, November 16, 2001 01:07 AM

I didn't check it out, but I heard from Turbine to be a good framework for e-commerce. If you want to start less specialized but deeper standardized check out Cameleon at http://www.must.de/cameleon.html

Re: open source Java Framework

Posted By:   Ryan_Breidenbach  
Posted On:   Friday, June 29, 2001 02:59 PM

As far as I know, there aren't any large-scale open source frameworks for building an eCommerce site. Actually, most of the open souce projects out there are centered around implementing a certain technology or specification. For example, Tomcat implements the Servlet and JSP specs. JBoss implements the EJB spec.

As for finding a framework for an eCommerce site - that is more of a business-model. It is much trickier to develop a framework around a business model, because everybody's business model is different. No matter what out-of-the-box business application tool you buy, it will never everything you want exactly how you want to do it.

With that said, I would suggest this: find some could open-source frameworks to build your application on top of, and write your own business code on top of that. Here are some suggestions:

About | Sitemap | Contact