Unable to build source distribution
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Arun_Rajamohan
Posted On:   Thursday, April 5, 2001 02:39 AM

Hi! I have a problem. I need to build the source distribution of Tomcat3.2.1. As per the installation procedure, i have downloaded jdk1.3, Java API for XML processing 1.1 or later, JSSE, Jakarta-ant source distribution (latest version), jakarta-servletapi source distribution and jakarta-tomcat source distribution. The problem is that while i build the jakarta-ant distribution according to the procedure ,it is built. But the ant.jar file is not built in the directory as specified in the manual ($JAKARTAHOME/jakarta-ant/lib) rather it is built in $JAKARTAHOME/jakarta-ant/build/lib. is it correct? the instruction as given in the manual is * Download and install the Ant distribution (subproject "jakarta-ant") into    More>>

Hi!
I have a problem. I need to build the source distribution of Tomcat3.2.1. As per the installation procedure, i have downloaded jdk1.3, Java API for XML processing 1.1 or later, JSSE, Jakarta-ant source distribution (latest version), jakarta-servletapi source distribution and jakarta-tomcat source distribution.
The problem is that while i build the jakarta-ant distribution according to the procedure ,it is built. But the ant.jar file is not built in the directory as specified in the manual
($JAKARTAHOME/jakarta-ant/lib) rather it is built in $JAKARTAHOME/jakarta-ant/build/lib. is it correct?
the instruction as given in the manual is

* Download and install the Ant distribution (subproject "jakarta-ant") into
a directory named "$JAKARTA_HOME/jakarta-ant". If you have downloaded the
source distribution, you will need to build the executable version by
executing the following commands:

cd $JAKARTA_HOME/jakarta-ant
./bootstrap.sh <-- Unix
bootstrap <-- Windows

This should result in the creation of a file "ant.jar" in the "lib"
subdirectory, which will be used when building Tomcat. If you download
a binary distribution, you must get Ant version 1.2 or later.

The next problem that i encounter is that i try to build the source distribution of jakarta-servlet api according to the manual. but all that i get is the error message *PERMISSION DENIED* what could be the problem? am i making some mistakes. I have set the classpaths in accordance with the manual.

the instruction given in the manual is

* Download and install the Servletapi distribution (subproject
"jakarta-servletapi") into a subdirectory named
"$JAKARTA_HOME/jakarta-servletapi". If you have downloaded the source
distribution, you will need to build the executable version by
executing the following commands:

cd $JAKARTA_HOME/jakarta-servletapi
./build.sh dist <-- Unix
build dist <-- Windows

This should result in the creation of a file "servlet.jar" in the "lib"
subdirectory, which will be used when building Watchdog.

Without doing these, as u may know, im unable to build the source distribution of Tomcat

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact