dcsimg
Have problems in linking a bean and JSP with Tomcat
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   swami_nathan
Posted On:   Tuesday, April 3, 2001 02:21 AM

I have just now installed Tomcat in my machine (NT). I was just going through the sample programs given with examples.war I went through this cal example under /webapps/examples/jsp/cal and the corresponding beans under /webapps/examples/web-inf/classes/cal This workd fine. I wanted to try out my own JSP's and beans. So I created folders cal1 in /webapps/examples/jsp and /webapps/examples/web-inf/classes/ I copied the same files which were under cal to these locations. I changed every occurence of cal to cal1 (namely the package name in the beans and the corresponding references in the JSP). I compiled the beans and I have the new class files in /webapps/examples/web-inf/classes/cal1    More>>

I have just now installed Tomcat in my machine (NT). I was just going through the sample programs given with examples.war
I went through this cal example under
/webapps/examples/jsp/cal
and the corresponding beans under
/webapps/examples/web-inf/classes/cal
This workd fine.

I wanted to try out my own JSP's and beans. So I created folders cal1
in /webapps/examples/jsp and /webapps/examples/web-inf/classes/
I copied the same files which were under cal to these locations. I changed every occurence of cal to cal1 (namely the package name in the beans and the corresponding references in the JSP).
I compiled the beans and I have the new class files in /webapps/examples/web-inf/classes/cal1

Now when I start tomcat and try invoking login.html (which is under the
/webapps/examples/jsp/cal1 and this actually calls the JSP file cal1.jsp) by typing http://1.1.1.2:8080/examples/jsp/cal1/login.html. I get the screen where i type the name and emailID and upon pressing the submit button, I get the following error message Error:500,
Root cause: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError.

I checked the CLASSPATH, and it is perfectly right. Is that all I have to do, or I am missing something else. Can somebody please help me in the regard.

Regards,
Sam

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact