dcsimg
java Media Framework upgrade
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Jeff_tan
Posted On:   Saturday, March 31, 2001 08:15 PM

I had an application written using JDK 1.1.8 and JMF 1.1. My problem arises when i tried to run the code using JDK 1.3 and JMF 2.1.1. The code will compile but it is not working as smoothly as i expected where Null pointer exceptions were thrown, applet not updating correctly or the Media player simply hangs. I thought that the reasons might be caused by deprecated methods, but even when i compiled it using -deprecation option, it does not show any deprecated methods location (i assume this is what -deprecation option does). So, my guess is that there is some new features in JMF that may have had a conflict with my codes. Would anyone be able to give me some pointers in identifying these conflicts. Any help will be appreciated   More>>

I had an application written using JDK 1.1.8 and JMF 1.1. My problem arises when i tried to run the code using JDK 1.3 and JMF 2.1.1. The code will compile but it is not working as smoothly as i expected where Null pointer exceptions were thrown, applet not updating correctly or the Media player simply hangs.

I thought that the reasons might be caused by deprecated methods, but even when i compiled it using -deprecation option, it does not show any deprecated methods location (i assume this is what -deprecation option does). So, my guess is that there is some new features in JMF that may have had a conflict with my codes.

Would anyone be able to give me some pointers in identifying these conflicts.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact