dcsimg
Running the RMI application
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Sunday, March 25, 2001 10:34 PM

I have jdk1.3 on Windows NT.I want to run a RMI server program that caters to the client's request.I have the skeleton & the RMI interface in the dir c:homeanniemspublic_htmlclasses.I run the program from c:source giving the following at the command prompt java -Dava.rmi.server.codebase=file:/c:homeanniemspublic_htmlclasses/ -Djava.rmi.server.hostname=anniems.mindtree.com -Djava.security.policy=java.policy engine.ComputeEngine This works fine,the engine is bound & if i have the client in the same machine say c:homesreenivaspublic_htmlclasses everything works perfectly ,suppose the client is on some other machine on the local intranet ,this doesnt work i have all permission set in the policy file for both the c   More>>

I have jdk1.3 on Windows NT.I want to run a RMI server program that caters to the client's request.I have the skeleton & the RMI interface in the dir c:homeanniemspublic_htmlclasses.I run the program from c:source giving the following at the command prompt
java -Dava.rmi.server.codebase=file:/c:homeanniemspublic_htmlclasses/
-Djava.rmi.server.hostname=anniems.mindtree.com
-Djava.security.policy=java.policy
engine.ComputeEngine
This works fine,the engine is bound & if i have the client in the same machine say c:homesreenivaspublic_htmlclasses
everything works perfectly ,suppose the client is on some other machine on the local intranet ,this doesnt work i have all permission set in the policy file for both the client & the server.What should be the procedure(the best approach) for making a client on some other machine on the local intranet to access remote objects.Moreover i have an appache server,how should i integrate my rmi programs with the appache server

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact