Runtime Memory Usage Problem
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   vikas_dubey
Posted On:   Wednesday, March 21, 2001 09:30 PM

We have an Applet based application application server running on UNIX and when user logs on to the application using Netscape4.7 with Java plugin 1.3.0. He/she browse GUI screen and finally closes the application but still to close the Netscape ( i.e it's on first login screen). The memory usage of application is not released. It happens many time and the memory usage goes up and up and we keep waiting for garbage collecter to wait and still the memory usage is same.When we close the netscape the entire memory used by the application is freed up. we tried with Netscape 4.7 and Java plugin 1.2.2 and the things are almost same . I am not able to decide whether the problem is with Netscape or Java plugin. Please suggest me what   More>>

We have an Applet based application application server running on UNIX and when user
logs on to the application using Netscape4.7 with Java plugin 1.3.0.
He/she browse GUI screen and finally closes the application but still to close the Netscape ( i.e it's on first login screen). The memory usage of application is not released.
It happens many time and the memory usage goes up and up and we keep waiting for garbage collecter to wait and still the memory usage is same.When we close the netscape the entire memory used by the application is freed up.
we tried with Netscape 4.7 and Java plugin 1.2.2 and the things are almost same . I am not able to decide whether the problem is with Netscape or Java plugin.
Please suggest me what could be the problem as i suppose Java is free from memory leakage.
I tried putting System.runFinalization() and System.gc();
which is used for releaseing the memory , though it's working and the free memory increases with this but the memory usage of netscape remains same .
we are desparate to find any solution for this please suggest me what is the problem and is there any way to solve it???

Kind Regards
Vikas

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact