dcsimg
Hi, !_NEWLINE_!!_NEWLINE_!I'm developing a java GUI program (standalone)...
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   nabil_benfreha
Posted On:   Wednesday, February 28, 2001 01:13 AM

Hi, I'm developing a java GUI program (standalone) under Windows NT with the JDK1.3. I'm using a windows NT4.0 - SP6, english language. In Windows NT environment, i set both an EN (US) & SV (Swedish) locale. The default locale i selected before launching the java program is the SV one. When the java program launched, the locale turned to EN automaticaly. So, to be able to use the SV locale, i was obliged to reset it manualy. My question is : Q. Is it possible to avoid this situation and if there are a java classes to get the real set locale, which should be SV (after switching from the EN to SV)? I used the following classes to check the locale set : Locale    More>>

Hi,

I'm developing a java GUI program (standalone) under Windows NT with the JDK1.3. I'm using a windows NT4.0 -
SP6, english language.
In Windows NT environment, i set both an EN (US) & SV (Swedish) locale. The default locale i selected before
launching the java program is the SV one. When the java program launched, the locale turned to EN automaticaly.
So, to be able to use the SV locale, i was obliged to reset it manualy.

My question is :

Q. Is it possible to avoid this situation and if there are a java classes to get the real set locale, which should be
SV (after switching from the EN to SV)?

I used the following classes to check the locale set :

Locale (getDefault, getDisplayLanguage, getDisplayCountry), System (getProperties), Properties
(get("user.language"), get("user.region")), but i always get the locale corresponding to the system language which is : en,US.

Thanks to help me ASAP.

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact