dcsimg
First, this is a great resource. Thanks!!_NEWLINE_!!_NEWLINE_!RE: The ...
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   jeff_simon
Posted On:   Friday, February 16, 2001 09:12 AM

First, this is a great resource. Thanks! RE: The Dallas Semiconductor (DS) E20 Rev C socket. I'll state my question in terms of a formal requirement given that DS has left this as an exercise. "Power to the E20 SHALL be an 8-20 Volt AC or DC supply, if DC, then plug polarity is immaterial, the jumpers J5 and J35 SHALL remain open". True or False? Yes, I am an amateur interpreting the schematics. I am interpreting the schematics the regulator circuit is used unless their is a 5volt regulated supply. If J5 and J35 is shorted, is the circuit defeated? And in that case, wouldn't it matter what the polarity of the plug and the voltage? Secondly, can I plug in power without the tini board and samp   More>>

First, this is a great resource. Thanks!

RE: The Dallas Semiconductor (DS) E20 Rev C socket.

I'll state my question in terms of a formal requirement given that DS has left this as an exercise.

"Power to the E20 SHALL be an 8-20 Volt AC or DC supply, if DC, then plug polarity is immaterial, the jumpers J5 and J35 SHALL remain open". True or False?

Yes, I am an amateur interpreting the schematics. I am interpreting the schematics the regulator circuit is used unless their is a 5volt regulated supply. If J5 and J35 is shorted, is the circuit defeated? And in that case, wouldn't it matter what the polarity of the plug and the voltage?

Secondly, can I plug in power without the tini board and sample the voltage via a meter? Any logical places to do that? Is it correct the socket is robust enough to handle a meter poking around?

Finally, are their favored techniques for shorting? Would a short-length pin soldered across the pads do ok? Is there a temperature limit with such pads when the tini board is removed?

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact