Hi !_NEWLINE_!!_NEWLINE_!I need help with serial port communication. I...
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   shreepriya_gopalan
Posted On:   Thursday, February 8, 2001 12:52 PM

Hi I need help with serial port communication. I am new to Java. I need to communicate with a spectrophotometer that is connected to com1. I downloaded the comm api and tried using the SimpleRead and SimpleWrite programs in the samples. The device accepts commands in ASCII form and outputs float values. I tried sending the character commands as a messagestring and then I converted it into bytes using messageString.getBytes() and sent it to the output stream. The SimpleRead goes into an infinite loop. I'm new to java and do not know how to combine both the read and the write into one single application. Please let me know if I'm going in the right direction. Please help me wit   More>>

Hi

I need help with serial port communication. I am new to Java.

I need to communicate with a spectrophotometer that is connected to com1.

I downloaded the comm api and tried using the SimpleRead and SimpleWrite programs in the samples.

The device accepts commands in ASCII form and outputs float values.

I tried sending the character commands as a messagestring and then I converted it into bytes using messageString.getBytes() and sent it to the output stream.

The SimpleRead goes into an infinite loop. I'm new to java and do not know how to combine both the read and the write into one single application. Please let me know if I'm going in the right direction.

Please help me with suggestions or a sample code.

Thanks
Shreepriya

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact