dcsimg
Dear sir,!_NEWLINE_!!_NEWLINE_! I am working on a project on &quot...
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Monday, February 5, 2001 04:07 AM

Dear sir, I am working on a project on "INTERNET AGENTS" (Windows 9x/NT,Java 2.0) .It has three stages as follows.. Stage: 1.Tracks the user Behaviour(When he starts browsing using Microsoft's Internet Explorer). Stage: 2.Anticipate the user's item of interest. Stage: 3.Suggest the useful webpages after searching the net. Stage 1: -------- Our idea for tracking the user behaviour is (1.1) Start the INTERNET AGENT when user starts browsing using Internet Explorer. (1.2) Store the recently visited webpages in database. (1.3) Starts analysing. Our Question: -------------- Usually Internet Explorer(browser) stores    More>>

Dear sir,

I am working on a project on "INTERNET AGENTS" (Windows 9x/NT,Java 2.0) .It has three stages as follows..

Stage: 1.Tracks the user Behaviour(When he starts browsing using Microsoft's Internet Explorer).

Stage: 2.Anticipate the user's item of interest.

Stage: 3.Suggest the useful webpages after searching the net.

Stage 1:
--------
Our idea for tracking the user behaviour is

(1.1) Start the INTERNET AGENT when user starts browsing using Internet Explorer.
(1.2) Store the recently visited webpages in database.
(1.3) Starts analysing.

Our Question:
--------------
Usually Internet Explorer(browser) stores web pages in C:WindowsTemporary Internet Files

So, We have done a program in JDK 1.1.2 such that
a)It checks that "C:WindowsTemporary Internet Files" exists. (using isDirectory())
b)Then verifies that any data can be readable from that Directory.(using isReadable() )
c)Then extracts the files(HTML documents) stored in the directory (using list() function.)
[Just have a look of our java program that is in the last part or this mail]

Q.1) After executing the program,we found that the program doesn't get the webpages, Why ?
And also I tried to extract the HTML documents in another directory ,the program starts working fine..
Q.2) Is it right way to extract the webpages.
Q.3) Suggest a way to track the user behavoiur.

One More Question:
------------------
How to exactly develop a program in java such that it(theprgram) starts tracking the user behaviour only at the time of browsing.Then only it analysing, and suggesting..

JAVA PROGRAM:
-------------
import java.io.*;
public class module1 implements FilenameFilter
{
String W;
public module1(String W) { this.W="."+W; }
public boolean accept(File dir,String name) { return name.endsWith(W); }
public static void main(String args[])
{
File TIF=new File("G:/interview","mohan"); //It works only for Internet Explorer loaded in Windows 9X/NT
if(TIF.exists() && TIF.isDirectory() && TIF.canRead())
{
FilenameFilter HTML_ONLY= new module1("html");
FilenameFilter HTM_ONLY= new module1("htm");
try{
String s1[] = TIF.list(HTML_ONLY);
String s2[] = TIF.list(HTM_ONLY);
for(int i=0;i
for(int i=0;i
} catch(Exception EP_1) { System.err.println("Exception 1 :"+EP_1); }
}
else
{