Is there a list of J2ME/MIDP enabled devices which...
4 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Douglas_Hanley
Posted On:   Tuesday, November 21, 2000 07:13 AM

Is there a list of J2ME/MIDP enabled devices which are on general release to, and used by, the public in various parts of the world?

Re: Is there a list of J2ME/MIDP enabled devices which...

Posted By:   Bill_Day  
Posted On:   Tuesday, May 1, 2001 04:55 PM

Yes, there is a list of Java-enabled devices hosted on:

www.javamobiles.com

Note: This list may be incomplete, but is a good starting point. More information on Java-enabled devices can also be found in the J2ME Archive.

Posted By:   Fredrik_Bromee  
Posted On:   Tuesday, April 3, 2001 01:43 AM

This is what I've heard for Europe:

We should see the Motorola Accompli 008 J2ME GPRS phone released sometime in May. Nokia's 9210 will support PersonalJava and is scheduled for release around midsummer. If you are desperate for a Java device right now, one option could be an Ipaq. If you want telephony capabilities on it, try adding the Nokia Cardphone 2.0 to it.

However, if you use the Ipaq you're stuck with PersonalJava and not J2ME/MIDP. So far the only device I have heard of with J2ME/MIDP is the Accompli 008 (which looks nice).

/fredrik

Posted By:   Rajesh_Narkhed  
Posted On:   Tuesday, March 13, 2001 10:11 PM

Companies making J2ME-related product announcements this year include Research In Motion (RIM), with its Blackberry two-way handhelds, available immediately; Lucky Goldstar, with its J2ME-based CDMA mobile phones, scheduled for sale and network deployment in Korea starting next month; Sega (Personal Java for Dreamcast consoles); Nokia (Java for its upcoming EPOC-based mobile phones); Sony (for its mobile phones); and American Express (Java Card for its Blue credit cards).
At present (February 2001) two types of handsets are available: P503i and F503i.

Posted By:   Yue_Ma  
Posted On:   Friday, March 9, 2001 11:53 AM

We may expect Motorola's iDEN i85s release at March 2001
And TaiChi Plus (A008) about to be release in China.
--according to Andy Sullivan
About | Sitemap | Contact