are multiple DefaultjComboBoxModels needed for multiple jComboBoxes with the same content?
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Jeff_Sims
Posted On:   Thursday, December 8, 2011 07:26 PM

I have a message builder application that allows the user to create several greetings, bodies, and footers and then mix and match them into messages that can then be copied to the clipboard and pasted as reusable messages in email messages to customers. This is for a customer service organization that has to send the same email out to customers over and over again. On the message selector page there are 10 jComboBoxes and I would like to have each combobox to have a different message selected, or selectedIndex. My first attempt has them all using the same instance of DefaultComboBoxModel. As it turns out, they all move to the item that gets selected on any other one. Do I need to have one DefaultComboBoxModel instance per jComboBox so that I ca   More>>

I have a message builder application that allows the user to create several greetings, bodies, and footers and then mix and match them into messages that can then be copied to the clipboard and pasted as reusable messages in email messages to customers. This is for a customer service organization that has to send the same email out to customers over and over again.

On the message selector page there are 10 jComboBoxes and I would like to have each combobox to have a different message selected, or selectedIndex. My first attempt has them all using the same instance of DefaultComboBoxModel. As it turns out, they all move to the item that gets selected on any other one. Do I need to have one DefaultComboBoxModel instance per jComboBox so that I can have a different message selected on each one? Is there an easy way to manage adding and removing message objects from multiple models?

I still have a lot of learning to do and I would appreciate any help you can provide.

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact