dcsimg
How do Ant's mappedresources work?
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Aleksandr_Stserbakov
Posted On:   Thursday, November 17, 2011 10:26 AM

In Ant's documentation there is description of mappedresources : Wraps another resource collection and maps the names of the nested resources using a mapper. So, when I am using it I am expecting that it will provide changed list of resources (i.e. mapped by the given mapper). Question: why in copy task it behaves different way? For example: I would expect here that it will attempt to copy *.bak files into some directory. But it copies original files and then renames them into *.bak. Why is it so?    More>>

In Ant's documentation there is description of mappedresources :

Wraps another resource collection and maps the names of the nested resources using a mapper.

So, when I am using it I am expecting that it will provide changed list of resources (i.e. mapped by the given mapper).

Question: why in copy task it behaves different way?

For example:

I would expect here that it will attempt to copy *.bak files into some directory. But it copies original files and then renames them into *.bak.

Why is it so?

<<Less

Re: How do Ant's mappedresources work?

Posted By:   hushcat_asdf  
Posted On:   Friday, February 17, 2012 07:13 AM

Thank you for the sensible critique. Me and my neighbor were just preparing to do some research about this. We got a grab a book from our local library but I think I learned more from this post. I am very glad to see such great information being shared freely out there. Canyons Real Estate
About | Sitemap | Contact