Multipart form won't submit with Struts
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   tom_george
Posted On:   Thursday, May 26, 2011 12:28 PM

I have a Struts 1.2 application that uses file upload in one of the pages. Before adding the ` ` field and changed form type to `multipart/form-data` everything was ok. I was submitting the form through Javascript upon pressing a button. Now, with the input file in place and corresponding form type, when I press the button, the submit is not performed anymore. Nothing happens. Submission code is something like this: myForm = document.getElementById('form1'); myForm.action = '/myproject/myaction.do'; myform.submit(); I remove the field and the `multipart/form-data` type and everything was fine again. Then I just added `multipart/form-data` to the field and submit did not work again. I alr   More>>

I have a Struts 1.2 application that uses file upload in one of the pages.
Before adding the ` ` field and changed form type to `multipart/form-data` everything was ok. I was submitting the form through Javascript upon pressing a button.

Now, with the input file in place and corresponding form type, when I press the button, the submit is not performed anymore. Nothing happens. Submission code is something like this:

myForm = document.getElementById('form1');
myForm.action = '/myproject/myaction.do';
myform.submit();

I remove the field and the `multipart/form-data` type and everything was fine again. Then I just added `multipart/form-data` to the field and submit did not work again.

I already spent several hours with this issue and I cannot find a solution. It seems really stupid and maybe you have an idea of what's going on.

Updated status:
I've installed live http headers plugin in Firefox and I noticed:

- the form gets submitted (even though it will not call my Action class execute)
- the server returns

HTTP/1.1 204 No Content Server:
Apache-Coyote/1.1 X-Powered-By:
Servlet 2.4; ....

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact