dcsimg
managing Java Web Start/JNLP ...
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Albretch_Mueller
Posted On:   Monday, November 22, 2010 11:53 AM

~ I am thinking of using some JNLP-based/Java Web Start code as a way to distribute some Swing application, but these questioning stops users are constantly asked, even if important for security reasons are a total throw off to users trying to articulate some idea in a useful way. ~ How can I, as the administrator of an internal network, decide the defaults for all those questions and do extra customizations if needed for each user. ~ Can you use the security manager or any other java technology to achieve this? ~ I am a bit amazed that developers/people haven't rioted against those missing features in the spec. What am I missing?    More>>

~

I am thinking of using some JNLP-based/Java Web Start code as a way to distribute some Swing application, but these questioning stops users are constantly asked, even if important for security reasons are a total throw off to users trying to articulate some idea in a useful way.

~

How can I, as the administrator of an internal network, decide the defaults for all those questions and do extra customizations if needed for each user.

~

Can you use the security manager or any other java technology to achieve this?

~

I am a bit amazed that developers/people haven't rioted against those missing features in the spec. What am I missing?

~

Thanks

lbrtchx    <<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact