Return a complex Datatype with JacORB (
2 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Fritz_M
Posted On:   Friday, January 15, 2010 02:26 AM

Hi! I have a problem using JacORB with complex return types and I can't solve it. I thought this is a simple question for CORBA users, but at several other forums the members could not help me :cry:. I´m shure there are a lot of programmers that do exactly what I want each day, because this is just a normal usage of CORBA. My IDL Definition is (shorted): interface Session; interface Bank { Session GetSession(); void DropSession(in Session theSession); }; interface Session { Account GetAccount(in long accountID, in string pin); }; I´ve implemented both classes using the tie approach, my Java code lo   More>>

Hi!

I have a problem using JacORB with complex return types and I can't solve it. I thought this is a simple question for CORBA users, but at several other forums the members could not help me :cry:. I´m shure there are a lot of programmers that do exactly what I want each day, because this is just a normal usage of CORBA.

My IDL Definition is (shorted):

interface Session;
interface Bank
{
Session GetSession();
void DropSession(in Session theSession);
};

interface Session
{
Account GetAccount(in long accountID, in string pin);
};

I´ve implemented both classes using the tie approach, my Java code looks like this:

public class BankOpImpl implements BankOperations
{ ...
public Session GetSession()
{
}
}

Now I really don´t know, how I can return an object that implements the interface Session (JacORB created for both classes "Bank" and "Session" die Java classes/interfaces "*", "*Helper", "*Holder", "*Operations", "*POA", "*POATie").

I just can't return something like

return new SessionPOATie(new SessionOpImpl());

because SessionPOATie does not implement the interface Session. Even more, no generated class does this! So I do not know how to return just an object that implements Session. (The "father" object "Bank" I can look up well using a nameservice (exactly like described in the Tut), but I don't want to give each member of the father object a separate name, of course.

Can anybody help me?

Thank you very much for your help :rolling: ,

Casiopaya    <<Less

Re: Return a complex Datatype with JacORB (

Posted By:   Anonymous  
Posted On:   Wednesday, March 3, 2010 03:19 AM

Can't help you there but it had been years since I did CORBA programming using BEA Tuxedo. And then there is the early versions of EJB which has huge performance problem.

Now I think OSGi is the "in" thing and it is so much simpler than CORBA and the EJB early version.

If there is any new CORBA development today, most likely it will be more of maintenance of legacy systems just like COBOL developers maintaining the IBM Mainframe application which surprisingly is alive and kicking in this century :P

Any existing CORBA developers want to help this guy here?

Re: Return a complex Datatype with JacORB (

Posted By:   Anonymous  
Posted On:   Tuesday, February 16, 2010 06:29 AM

i think u need help!! try use google for answers
About | Sitemap | Contact