dcsimg
Associating key events to a TextBox
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Saturday, January 3, 2009 05:06 PM

Hello All! Can anybody tell me how to associate key events with a TextBox? Something like when a certain key is pressed and released, a certain combinations of characters is inserted e.g. =-) I am trying to develop a simple application that allows users to type text with non-English characters, e.g. Russian and for that I have created a canvas and I am using key events i.e. KeyPressed and KeyReleased methods. Using a canvas is a bit insufficient because users cannot move the cursor freely through the text. I have read on te web that I can create a CustomeItem and override the KeyPressed methods but I could not do it; I could not find any simlar code example. Can anybody help me by providing me with a simple examp   More>>

Hello All!

Can anybody tell me how to associate key events with a TextBox? Something like when a certain key is pressed and released, a certain combinations of characters is inserted e.g. =-)

I am trying to develop a simple application that allows users to type text with non-English characters, e.g. Russian and for that I have created a canvas and I am using key events i.e. KeyPressed and KeyReleased methods. Using a canvas is a bit insufficient because users cannot move the cursor freely through the text.

I have read on te web that I can create a CustomeItem and override the KeyPressed methods but I could not do it; I could not find any simlar code example.

Can anybody help me by providing me with a simple example or suggesting me an alternative way?

Many thanks in advance

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact