dcsimg
Displaying Japanese characters in JSP page
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   manjunath_jonnagadla
Posted On:   Wednesday, September 24, 2008 08:43 AM

Hi, I am calling an application which returns Japanese characters from my JSP. I am getting the captions in Japanese characters from the application and I am able to display the Japanese captions. After displaying the Japanese captions, user will select the particular captions by selecting the check box against the caption and Press Save button. Then I am storing the captions in the javascript string separated by :: and passing it to another JSP. The acton JSP retrieves that string and split it by using tokenizer and store it in the database. When I retrieve it again from the database and display it, I am not able to see the Japanese characters, it is showing some other characters, may be characters encoded by ISO. My database   More>>

Hi,

I am calling an application which returns Japanese characters from my JSP. I am getting the captions in Japanese characters from the application and I am able to display the Japanese captions. After displaying the Japanese captions, user will select the particular captions by selecting the check box against the caption and Press Save button. Then I am storing the captions in the javascript string separated by :: and passing it to another JSP.

The acton JSP retrieves that string and split it by using tokenizer and store it in the database. When I retrieve it again from the database and display it, I am not able to see the Japanese characters, it is showing some other characters, may be characters encoded by ISO.

My database is UTF-8 enabled and in my server I am setting the UTF-8 as default encoding. In my JSP pages also, I am setting the charset and encoding type as UTF-8.

I shall appreciate you if you can help me in resolving the issue.

<<Less

Re: Displaying Japanese characters in JSP page

Posted By:   manjunath_jonnagadla  
Posted On:   Thursday, September 25, 2008 05:37 AM

Got the solution, thanks
About | Sitemap | Contact