The present file refreshing once again and then calling the action method of a button.How to stop refreshing or submiting the same page once again?
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   ramesh_soma
Posted On:   Friday, June 27, 2008 11:49 AM

Hi, I am facing a strange issue.In my page "DevelopPrice.jsp" there is a command button. For that command button, I have written the code as follow When I clicked on this button, the expected behavior is to call the method setTableData() , this method returns the string "saveResult". According to the Navigation rule, it has to call the page result.jsp. But here, the current page is refreshing once again and then calling the method "setTableData()" and then calling the page result.jsp. That means if I click on this button, the current page is refreshing before calling the method and then the next page. I tried in another way, for the commandbutto   More>>

Hi,

I am facing a strange issue.In my page "DevelopPrice.jsp" there is a command button. For that command button, I have written the code as follow

When I clicked on this button, the expected behavior is to call the method setTableData() , this method returns the string "saveResult". According to the Navigation rule, it has to call the page result.jsp. But here, the current page is refreshing once again and then calling the method "setTableData()" and then calling the page result.jsp.

That means if I click on this button, the current page is refreshing before calling the method and then the next page.

I tried in another way, for the commandbutton, i have removed action element and kept onclick which is calling a javascript method. This javascript method is returning false. Even then the current page is refreshing.

Modified command button is like this
>

I also kept onsubmit="return false" for the tag. Even though i am not able to stop refreshing or submit the same page unnecessarily. What i am doing wrong. Please help.

The faces.xml is like this

Returns Working Models Records
webgrid_WorkingModelsDAO
pricedev.bean.developprice.ModelData
application

DevelopPrice.jsp

showResult

/result.jsp

#{webgrid_WorkingModelsDAO.setTableData}

saveResult

/result.jsp

Thanks in advance.    <<Less