dcsimg
create & redirect to a J2EE web application through Applet?
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   smita_k
Posted On:   Wednesday, June 4, 2008 09:34 AM

Requirement is:

- Load a applet

- applet will do some action local to the browser
based on the outcome, next homepage of the web application should get displayed in the browser.

When the applet runs, how can I create a HTTP request & redirect the control to the web application?

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Re: create & redirect to a J2EE web application through Applet?

Posted By:   Stephen_McConnell  
Posted On:   Wednesday, June 4, 2008 10:18 AM

Loading the Apple it easy.

However, I suggest using the OBJECT tag to do this. Do some research on the OBJECT tag and what it does in the DOM (Document Object Model) of the browser. It will act as an object allowing Javascript to access certain methods. (You can set up some getter setter methods that pass back String variables or you can pass in string variables --- any type of numeric or object will not work).

Playing with javascript and Applet interaction is fun... but requries some special setting up.... Do a google search to figure that out...

I wouldn't know how to get the Applet to redirect the web application. Some things I would play with might be to get the Applet have a HttpURLConnection back to the Web application and it would send a request (like a browser request) to the Web App that would have parameters for the URL it needs to redirect to....

The first part I've done before (a looonnngggg time ago), the second I haven't.

I hope this helps... and please post your results here for ALL to benefit from.

Stephen McConnell

About | Sitemap | Contact