Integrating Struts with Axis Web Services
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Ricuzzo_R
Posted On:   Tuesday, June 3, 2008 05:20 AM

Hello to all, I have this question, that might be a general question but it is important to me. I need to integrat Axis webservices with Struts, my app server is Weblogic 8.1. One thing i am not sure of is the following: As we know we have the Struts director servlet, org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet, managing the whole application, but usually when we deploya a WS for example an axis webservice , it is always created another servlet, that is: org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServlet. My question is an architecture one, do I need to use the axis server in order to get the web service running? or i could just invoke the web service logic class, lets say HelloWord.class, from the Struts Action? Basically i am not sure what the    More>>

Hello to all,
I have this question, that might be a general question but it is important to me. I need to integrat Axis webservices with Struts, my app server is Weblogic 8.1. One thing i am not sure of is the following:
As we know we have the Struts director servlet, org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet, managing the whole application, but usually when we deploya a WS for example an axis webservice , it is always created another servlet, that is: org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServlet.
My question is an architecture one, do I need to use the axis server in order to get the web service running? or i could just invoke the web service logic class, lets say HelloWord.class, from the Struts Action?
Basically i am not sure what the axis servlet is doing behing the scene apart for managing the flow control, i guees it is parsing the SOAP message and a bunch of other things. I wonder if I can do the same but without using that servelt and simply encapsulate that into an action which will later call the HelloWordl class.
Also I would like to know which one is the best aproach.
One) actionServelt instanciates an action wich calls AxisServlet (this is another servlet) which executes the ws logic and send the results back to the actionServlet.
two) ActionServlet instanciate an action wich creates the soap message and sends it back to the action servlet (and an Axis Servlet is not created).

Thank you very much, i Hope it is clear , and wish to know if anybody has integrated WS with struts.
Thnks.

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact